Saturday, March 27, 2010

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls


This sweater is what I was working on, actually finishing, while I listened to Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls; Moving Day, by Meg Cabot. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. Cabot has a charming wit and a keen sense about elementary school girl friendships. Allie is a smart and funny fourth grader who appreciates rules in her life, they make it easier to manage sticky situations. She keeps a notebook of rules that she thinks are the most important. In this first book of the series, the family is moving across town, meaning a new school and new friends, which does not please Allie, nor her best friend Mary Kate. Allie is a very likeable character who tries to do the right thing, even when it gets her trouble. I think that 3rd and 4th grade girls will easily relate to Allie's troubles with her friends and may be inspired by how she deals with them.

No comments: