Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rescuing the blog from neglect

Well, I'd totally forgotten I had this blog!  But I'm ready to clean out the cobwebs and give it another go.  So let's talk about what I've been reading/listening to lately.  
I have discovered the joy of audio books! Until recently, I often lamented the fact that there were not enough hours in the day to do as much reading as I'd like, because I also like to knit and these are two sedentary activities that I can't spend all day doing, as much as I'd like to.  So, I've combined my two great loves by listening to audio books WHILE I knit!  Genius!  So I've been gobbling up the audio books.  I recently finished Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer which I enjoyed very much.  I didn't realize the title character is actually the villain! Anyway, it's a terrific story about a human boy who sets out to steal gold from the fairies.  It is smartly written and the action is exciting, and the voice of the reader mesmerizing!  I highly recommend this book.  

So after finishing Artemis Fowl, I have started listening to Chasing the Falconers, by Gordon Korman after hearing such positive reviews from students and teachers who have read this series and I'm enjoying it very much, I have hard time putting it down!  I'll post a review when I've finished it.  

So that's it for now.  Please feel free to comment, whether you agree with me or not, or recommend a book that you think I should read or listen to.  And have a great day!

No comments: