Saturday, July 10, 2010

Socks and Beasties

I finished the socks! I tend not to finish things that come in pairs but lately I'm on a roll! While I was finishing my cozy socks, I listened to The Beasts of Clawstone Castle by Eva Ibbotson. A few years ago, I read Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson and enjoyed it very much. I thought it was clever and fun. Beasts is also clever and fun. When Madlyn and Rollo are sent to their Great-Aunt Emily and Great-Uncle George at Clawstone Castle for the summer, they find themselves in the position of rescuing Clawstone's legendary wild herd of white cattle from a terrible fate. They also help their Great-Aunt and Great-Uncle increase tourist traffic to the castle by employing some ghosts to haunt the place. If you like ghost stories, animals, and mysteries, this book is for you!

I'm trying to decide on my next project and I think I'm going to try making a Dalek. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you start watching Doctor Who. Get the first 4 seasons from Netflix and then watch season 5 on BBC America. I have house guests for the next week so I probably won't get much reading/listening done but I will try. I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July and that summer is going well. I've been mostly puttering so far and I'm anxious to get back to work. Not just because I'm running out of money already, but because I love my job! Also, I left a lot of things unfinished and it makes me a little angsty, a word which here means unfocused dread or nervousness.

Happy reading to you all!

No comments: