Monday, April 5, 2010

New stuff!

Last week I received a shipment of new books and audio visual materials for the library!  Yeay!  The funding for these items came from the School and Library Improvement Block Grant which is overseen by the School Site Council.  This will be the last order that I can make this year as I've used up all my funding.  I will continue to receive books from Junior Library Guild as that was paid for at the beginning of the year.  Some new titles to look for in the library include: Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream by Tanya Lee Stone, Your Skin Holds You In by Rebecca Baines, Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters by Lenore Look.  I also got some popular titles on audio book including The lightning Thief, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Clementine, and The Graveyard Book.  In addition, I acquired some titles in the Eyewitness and Bill Nye DVD series.  There are many new titles in non-fiction including books about maps and atlases, books about the solar system, particularly relating to the new classification of planets and dwarf planets, and some books about the environment.  Please come in and take a look.

No comments: