Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day and Book of the week!

Today was the first day back at school and there were lots things waiting for me in the library and in my mailbox! Lots of books, textbooks, and magazines are waiting to be cataloged which is one of my favorite things to do! I also got to take the new kindergarten kids on a tour of the school this morning. That was fun, and I look forward to seeing them all in the library soon!

So, now that I can get my hands on all those new books, I nabbed one to take home and read today! I just finished Clementine, Friend of the Week by Sara Pennypacker, illustrated by Marla Frazee. This is the fourth book in Clementine's series, and you've read any of the first three Clementine books, you know what a F-U-N-N-Y, funny character she is. In this story, Clementine is selected to be Friend of the Week in her class so she sets about being extra nice to all of her friends so that they'll write nice things about her in her Friend of the Week booklet. But when her cat Moisturizer goes missing, she learns that friendship is just about giving compliments, but helping a friend in need. This book made me laugh out loud and is perfect for grades 3 and up.

I would also like to use this book to kick off my Book of the Week program. Each week I'm going to post a Book of the Week on my twitter feed. Criteria for Book of the Week selections will be books that I've read or heard about that I think people should consider reading. It might be a new book that is not getting much attention or an old book that needs revisiting. It might be a chapter book, or a picture book, or even non-fiction. There won't be a review of it, just the title and author and it will be up to you to find out more about it. All Books of the Week can be found in the Marshall Lane Library. So start following MrsLibearian on Twitter for news about the library and look for the Book of the Week (BotW)!

No comments: