Monday, June 24, 2013

Thank You, Mrs. Richards, Top Librarian


At the end of the school year, I receive lots of nice thank you notes from students which always make me feel good.  This year, as a thank you, I received a series of short stories about the library from a second grade class which absolutely delighted me.  I'd like to share them with you here.  In transcribing them, I took the liberty of correcting some spelling errors. The first one is titled The Library Monster and it was written by Frans.  Enjoy!


The Library Monster 
by Frans

One day in Marshall Lane School was a librarian named Mrs. Richards who loved books.  One hour in school on Monday, Mrs. Richards found a monster.  

"Oh no a monster!" Mrs. Richards shouted.  Mrs. Spencer heard her.
"What?" she said with a sigh.
"Monster!" Mrs. Richards said.
"No," said Mrs. Spencer. "It is my dog."
"Oh, wait, what dog, in a school?"
"Yes," said Mrs. Spencer.
"Why?" said Mrs. Richards.
"I'm the principal of the school."
"Oh, yeah, you are.  No monsters!"

The End

Come back tomorrow for the second story, The Librarian Alien.

No comments: