Monday, April 15, 2013

Promoting Kindness and Peace

It's hard to be a parent of young children on days like today.  As much as we'd like to shield them from tragedies, the tragedies keep happening and we must help our children deal with them, even when we can't make sense of them ourselves.

I think it is really important to remember that the good people in this world far outnumber the bad, that we can smother the badness with kindness and love, and that we shouldn't lose faith in our fellow humans.

I've compiled a list of library books that promote kindness and peace, in hopes that it might be of some help to someone.  I will post it on the library home page tomorrow morning.  If you don't see anything you can personally use on my list, or the books are not available, check with your local public librarian.  I'm sure he or she can recommend something for you.

I wish you all peace and let's all remember kindness.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the library catalog homepage.  Click the Star icon to find the list of books I mentioned above.

Also, April 25th is Pay It Forward Day. Let's spread some kindness, that day and everyday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I will check them out on Wednesday. Such a great idea.