Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out From Behind the Book Case, Declaring My New Book Crush

Tonight was Scholastic Book Fair Family Night and Holiday Boutique at Marshall Lane.  Part of the festivities included having guest readers read books from the Book Fair.  So guess where I was hanging out all night?  (I was live tweeting the read alouds!)
Dr. Andrews kicked off the night by reading It's Duffy Time by Audrey and Don Wood.
It's a delightful book to which any dog owner could relate.  There is an especially adorable picture of Duffy the dog napping in his dinner bowl.
Next up, Mrs. Spencer, who will be our new principal in January, read Pete the Cat, Rocking in my School Shoes and she did a fantastic job! She even got the kids to sing and gave them stickers.
Next up was Mrs. Mund who used to teach kindergarten at Marshall Lane.  She read Charlie and the Christmas Kitty.

Then former second grade teacher Mrs. Gossett took the chair and read one of my personal favorites My Life as a Chicken.
Mrs. Medalen was up next.  She got right down on the floor with her fan club and read Pig Kahuna, another delightful animal story.
The next reader was Mrs. Matheson and she sat in the chair to read You Think It's Easy Being a Tooth Fairy?  This book is hilarious and Mrs. Matheson did a great job reading it.
Finally, it was my turn!  I read my new favorite book - my book crush, if you will - Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems.  If it's by Mo Willems, you know it has to be good!
The kids enjoyed it but the biggest laughs came from the adults, especially for lines like "Sure enough, five minutes later a poorly supervised little girl named Goldilocks came traipsing along." and "Delicious chocolate-filled-little-girl-bonbons are yummier when they're rested!"  It will be in the library after the book fair so be sure to come and check it out.

No comments: