Thursday, December 13, 2012

I have a library again!

Book Fair is gone and the library has returned to normal.
It's so funny to watch the kids walk in to the library during book fair.  It's like they are walking in to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  Then when it's gone, they comment on how empty the library looks. Then they see my stacks and boxes of new books.

And why can't they check them out NOW?  Oh, so much cataloging and processing!  It's one of my favorite things, though.  I really get to know the books through the process of getting them into the computer, putting on their labels, and wrapping their dust jackets.  Every book is a gift.  And there are well over 200 new ones between my regular orders and book fair books!
So many books, so many labels to affix!  Come down to the library and check out the new books!  Or, go to the online catalog and put a hold on books that are still in processing.  I promise I'll get them done as soon as I can.  

No comments: