Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mrs. Richards Meets the Authors

Wow! What a day! I got up early so I could get to the convention center early enough to get a book signed by a certain author and I'm happy to report I was successful in getting TWO books signed! And that author was Jeff Kinney! This was no small feat, mind you. There were over a hundred people waiting to get into the exhibit hall and then it was a race to the Abrams booth to queue up for the signing. Some people were quite aggressive! But I calmly got my place in line and got my books signed and a picture too! I also got books signed by Dan Gutman, Jennifer Holm, William Joyce, and Jenni Offill and Nancy Carpenter! In addition, I attended talks by Jeff Kinney and William Joyce. Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6 comes out in the fall and William Joyce has a new series coming out called the Guardians which looks fantastic! He showed us a terrific book trailer which I can't find online right now. When I find it, I'll link it here. Jenny Offill and Nancy Carpenter (writer and illustrator of 17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do Anymore) have a new book coming out and it's called 11 Experiments That Failed. It is so new that I actually bought the very first copy available to be sold!

I'm so excited about the books that I will be bringing back to the library in the fall! I will post all the pictures I took plus some links when I get back home. Right now, I think I'll take a nap!

No comments: