Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda


Well, of course I went to Hicklebee's this afternoon to see Tom Angleberger, the author of The Strange Case of Origami Yoda and the sequel, Darth Paper Strikes Back. I ran into my friends Kenji and Timmy who also came to see Tom Angleberger because Kenji's mom is an informed reader of this very blog!

Mr. Angleberger gave an excellent and very funny presentation about his book. I especially liked how he called any kid he was talking to by the name of Larry - even the girls! He did such a good job of demonstrating how funny his book is that I went right home and read the book. And you know what? I loved it! It was so funny, yet Origami Yoda's Jedi Wisdom shines through. (He really does give good advice!) I can't wait to share these books with everyone tomorrow - and I have a surprise!




Here is Mr. Angleberger drawing a picture of a pair of pants that plays a key role in the third chapter. And here is me getting my books signed. (Can you see Darth Paper?)




Well, I took a break from listening to Masterpiece by Elise Broach to read Origami Yoda. I'm about half-way through it so I will finish that while I try to finish another sock so I have a pair. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: