Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New books and a blog you should look at.

Mo Willems keeps a blog that I read from time to time. Being a writer and illustrator, he is friends with lots of other writers and illustrators and occasionally he has them over for dinner. He calls these gatherings "doodle dinners" because he uses butcher paper on his table instead of a table cloth. His friends and family get together and doodle on the table before, during, and after dinner and then he takes a picture of the doodles and puts them on his blog. I think this is such a fantastic idea, even if it's just your own little family. What a great way to enhance the family dinner! Also, in his dining room, he has painted the walls with chalk board paint so quite often they doodle on the walls as well. I wish I'd thought of that when my kids were little, since they were drawing on the walls anyway!

So that's all, I just wanted to share that with you and also, here are the Junior Library Guild books that will be coming in December, during Book Fair no doubt! In any case, there will be lots of new books in the library in January!

No comments: