Thursday, October 14, 2010

New books, new circulation system, new catalog.

Whew! It was a bit of a bumpy start this year with the new circulation system. The initial bugs have been worked out so now it's just getting around the huge learning curve. All in all, I think the change will be good. The new system does some very useful things that the old system couldn't do and once I really get into the rhythm of it, I look forward to taking advantage of all the new bells and whistles.

I've finally made some headway in cataloging and processing as well. All those new books I've been writing about here are finally ready for check out and have, in fact, been flying off the shelves. I'm also expecting a couple of shipments of books to be dedicated through the Marshall Lane Book Club program, for which I can't seem to find any information online to link to. I'll have to look into that. Anyway, you can see me in the library for more information.

Have you browsed the new catalog yet? It looks pretty good and kids are now able to put books on hold. Which they have been doing, since it's the only way to get a Star Wars book! Don't forget, kids can also add ratings and reviews to the catalog from home, they just need to log on with their 5 digit student number and their password is the first 5 letters of their last name. While you are poking around the catalog, check out the other resources available in Quicklinks such as World Book Online (username Marshall, password Student), the Online Social Studies Factcards (username marshall lane, password mustangs), and the growing selection of e-books.

Here are a few pictures of things I've been knitting recently to help me relax!




Okay, so this hasn't been actually knit into anything yet but it's a lovely bag of yarn with endless possibilities!

And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments: