Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crispin and a Sneak Peak

Crispin: the Cross of Lead by Avi won the Newbery Award in 2003, but I think it is often overlooked so I made it this week's Book of the Week. I finished listening to it early this morning when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. The story revolves around a 13 year-old-boy in living in a small village in feudal England. A family secret has made him an outcast in his village and when his mother dies, leaving him alone in the world, he is accused of stealing from the Lord's manor house by the Steward and a price is put on his head. Thus begins Crispin's adventures and education. I didn't care for the reader of this audiobook, but I did like the story. It was an exciting and fast paced adventure story with a satisfying ending. There are two sequels to this novel, however, this first installment reads like a stand alone title. I would recommend this book for grades 5 and up.

And now, a sneak peek of the new library catalog.



Yeah, that's a very little sneak peek, apparently this blog doesn't like large pictures! If you would like to explore it some more on your own, you can find a link to it on the home page of the old catalog. Once you click the link, you'll be presented with a list of schools. Choose Marshall Lane - obviously - and then book mark the page once it loads. And have fun!

No comments: